We are together to fight with COVID-19
We're concerned about the current spread of COVID-19 in many countries. As you know, China has just gone through a very difficult and bad time. With the cooperation of the people all over the country and the strong effective implementation of protective measures in various regions, there was no increase in new cases and no deaths in most provinces and cities in China including our region, and patients in many regions were cured in last week. We have reflected on the outbreak and spread of COVID-19 and have gained a lot of experience and lessons that we would like to share with you. We wish you and your family, friends and fellow citizens a healthy and safe life through this outbreak.
1. Please have proper personal protection such as wearing a facial mask while going out, because there are many cases of infection in China without wearing a mask. The most extreme example is that two people who do not wear a mask when they buy food at the same stall and only get along for 15 seconds and one of them was infected by another confirmed case. The COVID-19 can transmit from human to human, and it mainly transmits via respiratory droplets and contact, which have been already confirmed. All Chinese people now wear masks when they go out. This is one of the most reliable protection measures against viruses.
2. Wash your hands frequently
Since it mainly transmits via respiratory droplets and contact, wash hands frequently is another quite important protection measures. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water or with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and can make you sick.
3. During the epidemic period, please try to reduce outdoor activities as much as possible and try to avoid going to crowded public areas. Please have proper personal protection such as wearing a facial mask while going out. Wash your hands frequently and open the window for ventilation at intervals. When in the workplace, please keep the air fresh and regularly disinfect public goods. It’s necessary to keep a certain distance from each other. When someone coughs or sneezes they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person coughing has the disease.
4. In China, there are also deaths among young people in their20s and 30s, but the death rate of the elderly is even higher.
If possible, avoid traveling to places – especially if you are an older person or have diabetes, heart or lung disease. You have a higher chance of catching COVID-19 in one of these areas.
5. Fever, fatigue, and dry cough are the most common symptoms. Some patients may also have a stuffy or runny nose, sore throat and diarrhea. Severe patients mostly suffer from difficulty in breathing and/or hypoxemia after one week of infection. When suspected symptoms emerge, especially on those who have traveled to or stayed in the seriously affected areas or have had close contacts with suspected or confirmed patients of the infection, please immediately go to seek medical assistance with proper protection measures.
6. Maintain adequate sleep, ensure balanced nutrition, strengthen exercise and improve self-immunity. Only with good immunity can you resist all viruses.
7. Our biggest lesson is that at the beginning, we attempt to downplay the severity of the disease caused by the coronavirus, COVID-19, making it difficult for both its own citizens and the rest of the country to grasp that an epidemic was at hand. In many places, many group activities such as gatherings and dinners were organized as scheduled, resulting in a wider spread of the epidemic. It turns out that how important it is to have true information! In short, as long as everyone takes precautionary measures, the epidemic can be prevented and controlled. All the people I know are not ill. There are only 51 confirmed cases in our city of 5 million people, and all of them have been cured and discharged. All in all, , the government and individuals should pay full attention to this epidemic, and with scientific and effective protective measures, we believe that everyone will stay away from the virus.
We wish everyone health and safety! God bless you.